A business can dramatically lower its risk profile with the right preventative measures. But the organization must also ensure those measures are maintained while adapting to the constantly evolving cyber threat and regulatory environment. We have the answer.
Innovative CyberSolutions has developed a four-pronged, integrated program to help you accomplish the necessary IT, Legal, Cultural, and Communications requirements.
IT follows a 10-step cybersecurity framework to ensure every business process is included. The completed framework also assists organizations in adhering to compliance requirements:
- IT governance
- Penetration testing
- Vulnerability scanning
- IT auditing
- Risk management
- Protection against emerging cyber threats
- Policy creation/review
- Information assurance management.
Legal includes an awareness of the legal and regulatory requirements applicable to your company. This includes the organizational safeguards that must be in place and how the business should respond if there is a breach or cyber incident.
All 50 states now require that all operating businesses must be able to report a breach in a timely manner and provide breach notifications to their customers.
Cultural addresses the need for a highly functioning, accountable leadership team building a ‘Culture of Compliance’ at every level of the organization. This requires a true change-management, behavior-based effort to succeed.
A culture of compliance results in increased accountability and knowledge-based confidence throughout the organization. The likelihood of foolish mistakes triggering an incident and making it worse are vastly reduced.
Communications addresses internal and external incident-related, reactive communications and strength-based, proactive communications.
Employees and staff must be kept updated on management’s strategy and tactics to stay ahead of the threat environment. They must also continually be educated on the evolving nature of cyber threats to develop and maintain a culture of cyber-readiness.
The organization’s new culture of compliance and cyber-readiness are sources of competitive advantage and marketable commodities.
- Clients, prospects, and business partners are reminded of the steps you’ve taken.
- Clients are reassured you are a trustworthy resource and will keep working with you.
- Prospects will value your preparedness, particularly in contrast to the competition, making them more likely to come to you.
- Business partners, concerned about the potential impact of a breach to their operations and their brand, will be willing to continue to work with you.